Increasing your website traffic is always going to be an ongoing task for any website owner. There are many different ways you can go about doing this ranging from the easy peazy to the downright difficult.
Usually, what I find is that the difficult time sapping methods will 9 times out of 10 bring in more visitors than a quick fix ever can, except for this technique I am going to share with you today.
The quick and dirty SEO technique to increase your website visitors is to optimise your meta descriptions.
Sounds techy but I assure you its not, its actually really easy to do. If you can work on a text editor of some sort you will be able to do this and if you are using WordPress as your content management system then its even easier.
So why is having an optimised meta description important for site traffic? Well it boils down to the fact that these descriptions are often used by Google when it displays the search results for any given keyword.
If your website is appearing for an important keyword for your business and you DON’T have an optimised meta description, I assure you you are losing out on visitors.
The reason for this is because many websites dont take advantage of this and as a result have a un-appealing listing in the results pages which has the knock on effect of the searcher not clicking your website and thus going to a competitor.
To have an optimised meta description you must:
- Be Accurate to the information found on the page
- Read well to both search engines and humans
- Entice the click from the user through the likes of a strong call to action
Try to avoid:
- Having unreliable information within the description
- Over spamming your target keyword, this will likely look ridiculous to any human reading it
- Being boring, if your meta descriptions dont inspire the reader or entice the click you will be up against other ones that do!
If you need help with your websites search engine optimisation get in touch today.